Idea Financial is hiring a Business Analyst to join the Product & Technology team who will be responsible for optimizing operational efficiency. The Business Analyst is the liaison between Sales, Finance, Underwriting, Data Science, Marketing, Legal, and Executives, and external and internal technology partners. We are looking for a tech-driven, energetic, ambitious candidate that wants to help small businesses make their business dreams a reality.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities, as necessary.
- Gather business requirements from cross-functional teams, and communicate to internal and external development teams
- Evaluate product functionality and or operational processes to ensure they meet business needs
- Represent the needs of the business during standup, other scrum meeting, retrospectives, kickoff meetings, and day to to day operations
- Ability to prepare accurate and detailed requirement documents/epics/stories, workflows, user interface guides, and functional specifications documents
- Conduct functional tests, demos, and training sessions on new and existing product features
- Support SVP of Product and Technology, the CTO, and their day to day operational responsibilities
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis, product management, or equivalent, preferably in software development
- Well versed in agile/scrum techniques
- Self-starter that can manage time well and is able to prioritize backlogs
- Comfortable speaking with internal and external executives
- Lead and coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas (engineering, sales, customer support, marketing, design, finance, IT, and other stakeholders)
- Feel empathy for users and ability to recognize unmet needs and business requirements in order to transform them into product/process requirements
- Proven success delivering working software and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technical (STEM) background
What we offer
- A challenging and rewarding early-stage startup opportunity with unlimited growth potential
- A beautiful open-concept office located in the heart of downtown Miami - walking distance from public transit and a variety of local restaurants and cafes
- A fun, friendly, and talented team that is passionate about financial technology and helping small businesses succeed
- Generous benefits and perks including 401k match plan, medical, dental, unlimited snacks, flexible vacation policy, casual dress policy, free gym membership, team lunches, and activities
Idea Financial is an equal opportunity employer. At Idea Financial, we make all employment decisions without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Idea Financial conducts background checks on all employees.
$50,000.00 to $70,000.00/year