Idea Financial is hiring a Senior Underwriter to join our Credit & Operations team. This role will report to the Director of Underwriting and will be based out of the Miami, FL office. Underwriters are at the front lines of helping businesses get the financing they need when they need it. From reviewing complete business applications to ensuring that our customers receive appropriate financing options to identifying and mitigating risk in our processes, underwriters are crucial to the success and growth of Idea Financial.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities, as necessary.
- Review all aspects of organizational credit reporting, including Lexis Nexis, Equifax, Experian, and Paynet
- Applies underwriting guidelines and standards within authority limits
- Ability to make decisions on files with minimal supervision
- Must be able to think independently and provide creative financing solutions
- Perform detailed risk analysis, making decisions based on your findings
- Verify gathered business documents during the underwriting processes such as financial, identification, or formation documentation
- In-depth understanding of bank statements, seasonality, and industry trends
- Small Business Lending experience with credit authority preferred
- BS degree, concentration in Business, Finance, or Economics
- Five years experience in Financial Services; SBA, Factoring, or MCA experience required
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements & tax returns
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong phone and email communication skills
- Experience working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to interact professionally with management, sales, and merchants
- South Florida Candidates preferred but not required
What we offer:
- A challenging and rewarding early-stage startup opportunity with unlimited growth potential
- A beautiful open-concept office space in the heart of downtown Miami - walking distance from public transit and a variety of local restaurants and cafes
- A fun, friendly, and talented team that is passionate about financial technology and helping small businesses succeed
- Generous benefits and perks including a matching 401K plan, medical, dental, unlimited snacks, flexible vacation policy, casual dress, free gym membership, team lunches, and activities
Idea Financial is an equal opportunity employer. At Idea Financial, we make all employment decisions without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Competitive salary with full benefits and performance-based compensation.