Small businesses need, now more than ever, increased financial agility, control and protection to compete in today’s marketplace. At Idea Financial, we use our financing expertise, cutting edge technology, and commitment to superior customer service to develop and provide financial and insurance products that give businesses just that: control of their finances.
Our primary goal and motivation is to help our customers transform their business ideas into reality. As a result, we empower our customers to improve their cash flow, mitigate business risk, and invest with a low cost of capital. In other words, we help customers Charge Their Business Forward™.
Role Overview: Senior Financial Analyst
Idea Financial is hiring a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Finance Team. This role will report directly to our VP of Finance and Operations, Tamara Cavor and will be responsible for providing assistance to the finance department on all day-to-day duties described below.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities, as necessary.
- Work with all business stakeholders to understand financial needs, support company leadership to develop financial forecast and operational goals, and apply financial insights to assist with decision making
- Manage the day to day
- Assist in the various treasury operations related to servicing receivables
- Building a deep understanding of the relationship between loan transactions, cash flows, and financial reporting implications throughout the loan lifecycle, from loan origination through payoff or account closure
- Identify delinquent accounts, maintain records of the amount owed and the length of delinquency
- Help identify operational gaps in processes and controls and design steps to improve or mitigate issues
- Gather and complies on processes, organizational structure, system platforms
- Resolves issues and problems related to system platform
- Prepares or oversees preparation of specifications and technical documentation such as user manuals for new and revised computerized accounting systems
- Participate in the preparation of the annual business plan
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly board presentations
- Participate in Internal & External Financial Audits
- Other ad hoc projects and reporting as necessary
- 3 years of Experience
- Business Background preferred – Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office Including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to multitask and perform under a high paced environment
Idea Financial is an equal opportunity employer. At Idea Financial, we make all employment decisions without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Idea Financial conducts background checks on all employees and conducts credit checks for all positions in Operations.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami, FL 33131: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person